Eagle Scout Projects
Leave a Lasting Impact on Your Community
The focus of the Eagle Scout project is concentrated on developing leadership skills and providing service to a local institution or the community. Your involvement in an Eagle Scout project will have a lasting impact on you and the members of your community.
Responsibilities of the Eagle Scout
The city receives many requests each year to provide Eagle Scout projects. Please remember, it is the responsibility of the scout, in keeping with the spirit of the eagle project, to approach the city with their own idea for a project and then to work closely with the city in implementing the proposal.
We invite you to tour the city, looking for areas that need improvement. A big portion of your project may be the raising of adequate funds to complete the project. Please don't assume that projects will be funded by the city.
West Valley City takes great pride in assisting young men by providing opportunities for Eagle Scout projects. The following are suggestions for Eagle Scout projects:
- Organize a tree-planting drive for any neighborhood, city street or city park.
- Sponsor an event for National Night Out held in August each year.
- Construct and install park and trail signs throughout the city.
- Purchase and install certain park features, including playground equipment, picnic tables, park benches, pavilions, etc.
- Purchase and install a scoreboard to be used at the baseball field.
- Purchase a mobile concession stand for city events.
- Be part of the city's Storm Water Management System, teach a class at school, or create an awareness booth at WestFest.
- Organize a drive to collect outdated prescription and over-the-counter medications.
For more ideas, visit the Scoutorama website.
Please click on the tabs below for
MORE contact information
Contact the West Valley City Parks and Recreation Department
Email Kent Jensen
Contact the West Valley City Community Preservation Department
Email Jacob Shafizadeh
Contact the West Valley City Public Works Department
Executive Administrative Assistant
Email Hilary Venable