We Are Open
As of Monday, May 11, 2020, West Valley City offices and facilities will begin opening to the public. To protect the health and safety of our residents and staff, many offices will require an appointment. If the service or facility you are visiting is not listed, please call 801-966-3600 prior to your visit for more information.
ADMINISTRATION AND ELECTED LEADERS
West Valley City’s administrative staff and elected leaders continue to manage the operations of the city and hold regularly-scheduled City Council meetings electronically. Meetings are held on the first four Tuesdays of each month; public comment is welcome. Meeting agendas and minutes can be found here. To sign up for public comment, complete the form here.
West Valley City Animal Services is operating as a Virtual Shelter, offering virtual adoptions and hosting a Virtual Adoption Fair live on Facebook, Tuesdays at 10AM. Learn more here.
The counter for Building Inspections is only open to those with an appointment. You may schedule an appointment by calling 801-963-3283.
Business Licensing applications and renewals may be completed online. For applications and information, click here.
Code Enforcement complaints and case updates should be addressed directly to the Code Enforcement Officer assigned to your beat. To find out which officer is responsible for your area, click here.
Public Works Engineering will continue to offer service to the public via phone, email, or appointment. Please contact Kimberly Shafer at 801-963-3318 or email email@example.com or Daniel.firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
West Valley City Fire Department Administration Offices will remain closed to the public. To contact West Valley City Fire Administration, call Jennifer at 801-955-3618 or Kari at 801-232-0114; you may also email email@example.com.
Please call the Fire Prevention office at 801-963-3336, Monday through Thursday from 7 AM - 5 PM for information or to schedule an appointment for all Fire Prevention inquiries, including:
- Inspection information and scheduling
- GRAMA requests
- Plan Review information
- Other Fire Prevention related questions
West Valley City Fire Stations will remain closed to the public. Previously scheduled public education programs are canceled until further notice. For more information, contact Jennifer at 801-955-3618 or Kari at 801-232-0114.
GARBAGE AND RECYCLING
Garbage, recycling, and bulky waste collection will continue on their normal schedule. Learn more and find your collection days here.
The Harman Theatre is closed until further notice. For questions about upcoming performances or our audition schedule, follow our socials (@wvcarts) for updates.
Please review the Court’s Order, which is attached, for FULL UPDATES and CLARIFICATIONS to this brief summary:
- All jury trials are suspended between March 13 – May 28, 2020. These will all be set for a future date after discussions with each party.
- Jail and Prison transports are canceled between March 16 – May 28. 2020.
- All small claims trials and supplemental proceedings set between March 18 – May 28, 2020 are postponed.
- DUI and DV arraignments will go on as scheduled (please refer to memo for additional information on this)
- All other arraignments will be set beginning June 1, 2020
- All individuals who are required to appear in court thru May 28, 2020 should contact their attorney if they experience fevers, coughs, shortness of breath, older than 60 years old, pregnant or have medical conditions.
If you have questions about this Court’s Order, please contact the Justice Court at 801-963-3590.
All West Valley City Legal services will be provided electronically. For Code Enforcement or animal citation payment information, please contact Bonneville Collections at 801-621-7880. For other inquiries, call 801-963-3271 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For media inquiries, contact Sam Johnson at 801-965-7090.
The West Valley City Neighborhood Services office is open by appointment only. For Neighborhood Watch, National Night Out, Neighborhood Dumpster Program, and photocopy requests, call 801-963-3285.
PARKS AND RECREATION
West Valley City parks are open for limited use:
- Playgrounds remain closed.
- Team sports and pickup games are prohibited.
- Sports courts and fields are open for individual use or for those who reside in the same household.
- Individual sports, activities and pavilion use are allowed; practice social distancing of six feet with those who live outside your household.
FAMILY FITNESS CENTER
The West Valley City Family Fitness Center is open with some restrictions in place. Learn more here.
HARMAN SENIOR RECREATION CENTER
The Harman Senior Recreation Center is closed, however lunches are available for pickup. To reserve your lunch, call 801-965-5822 24 hours in advance.
STONEBRIDGE AND THE RIDGE GOLF CLUBS
West Valley City’s golf courses are open for business, however golfers will be required to adhere to public health and safety restrictions. Policies are outlined on the Stonebridge Website and The Ridge Website.
Planning and Zoning
The counter for Planning and Zoning is only open to those with an appointment. You may schedule an appointment by calling 801-963-3282.
All West Valley City Police Department services are available, however there are some restrictions still in place for in-person interaction. Learn more here.
PUBLIC WORKS ADMINISTRATION
Public Works Administration will continue to offer service to the public via phone, email, or appointment. Please contact Hilary Venable at 801-963-3448 or email@example.com for assistance.
UTAH CULTURAL CELEBRATION CENTER
The Utah Cultural Celebration Center is open to the public Monday through Thursday from 9 AM - 5 PM. Gallery exhibits and gallery spaces are closed until further notice. Online exhibitions will be opening soon; follow West Valley Arts on social media (@wvcarts) for more information.
Ongoing Arts Cancellations:
- West Valley Arts events are cancelled until further notice.
- Rental events are cancelled through June, 2020. After June, we will follow the guidelines set by the SLCOHD and State task force.
Utah Cultural Celebration Center Rental Space:
- We are currently scheduling our rental space for events starting in August
- We are doing event site visits by appointment only, contact Event Coordinators at 801-965-5100, option 1. Leave a message if nobody answers and they will get back to you within one business day.
UTILITY BILLING & Online Payments
Payments for garbage and stormwater utility may be made online here. The Utility Billing office will be open at 3580 South 2700 West (former US Bank building) with a dropbox for payments. Social distancing and public health standards will be observed.