Neighborhood Dumpster Clean Up
Neighborhood Dumpster Program
Once a year, residents, volunteer groups and neighborhood associations may schedule 10 dumpsters for neighborhood cleanup projects for their neighborhood. Dumpsters are not automatically scheduled for neighborhoods each year. The dumpsters are delivered and picked up two days later. Groups must advertise the cleanup project, collect the debris and load it into the dumpsters.
Dumpster requests are accepted on the first business day in February and are filled based on a first come first serve basis. Dumpsters may be scheduled typically for the second week in March through the second week in November. Times vary every year.
Please contact the Sanitation Services at 801-963-3334 to schedule dumpsters or for more information.
Once reservations are made, a letter will be sent to the person making the reservation that lists the drop off date and locations. The resident making the reservation is responsible for distributing 100 flyers to neighborhood homes around the area where the dumpsters will be located. Neighborhood Associations registered with the Neighborhood Services Office may request free flyer photocopying by calling 801-963-3285.
Simple Guidelines for Dumpster Use
- Dumpsters are for residential use only. Contractors or construction sites are not eligible to use the neighborhood dumpsters.
- Absolutely no household hazardous waste.
- Landscaping materials such as rocks, dirt, concrete and blacktop cannot be placed in the dumpsters.
- Never leave materials on the ground next to the dumpsters.
- Do not overload dumpsters! Never fill the dumpster above the sidewalls.
- Remember, bulky waste is once a month. Many of the same items that can be placed in the dumpster can also be put out for bulky waste pickup. View more information on Bulky Waste.