Taxes & Fees
West Valley City's property tax rate varies from year to year based on property values and City Council action; the property tax rate for fiscal year 2019 is .003508. Because property taxes are based on the location of the parcel being taxed and the various taxing entities levying a tax against that parcel, the total tax rate you see on your Property Tax Statement will vary. Additional information includes:
- List of all taxes levied by West Valley City
- List of the government agencies receiving property taxes in Salt Lake County
- Information specific to your property
In addition to property taxes, West Valley City receives slightly less than 1% of all taxable sales within the City. In West Valley City, the sales tax rate is broken down as follows:
- 4.70% (State Sales and Use Tax)*
- 1% (Local Sales and Use Tax)
- 0.30% (Mass Transit Tax)
- 0.25% (Additional Mass Transit Tax)
- 0.25% (County Option Transportation)
- 0.10% (Botanical, Cultural, Zoo Tax (County))
- 0.25% (County Option Sales Tax)
- 6.85% (Combined Sales Tax Rate)
*The tax on unprepared food and food ingredients is 3.0% statewide. This includes the state rate of 1.75%, local option rate of 1.0% and county option rate of 0.25%. For sales of residential energy, the combined rate is reduced by 2.70%.
In addition to property and sales taxes, West Valley City may collect fees for various services performed throughout the city. Review the current fee schedule.