Related Information

Additional License Information

You will need to contact our office directly to determine the requirements to obtain a business license if your business deals in:

  • Check cashing
  • Department store and shopping malls
  • Distribution of alcohol
  • Handling food
  • Hotels or motels
  • Pawnshops
  • Salvage yards
  • Sexually-oriented businesses
  • Skin contact with clients (e.g. massage therapy, nail and hair salons, etc.)
  • Title loans

Motor Vehicle Enforcement Division

Please refer to the Motor Vehicle Enforcement Division to obtain a State of Utah license in addition to your West Valley City Business License if your business deals with:

  • Automobile dealerships
  • Body shops
  • Crushers
  • Dismantlers
  • Salespeople
  • Transporters

Agency Contacts

If you need to contact these agencies, you may reach them at:

  • Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC):
    1625 S 900 W
    Salt Lake City, UT 84104
    Phone: 801-977-6800
  • Agricultural Department:
    350 N Redwood Road
    Salt Lake City, UT 84104
    Phone: 801-538-7124
  • BOH (Food):
    788 E Wood Oak Lane (5380 South)
    Salt Lake City, UT 84104
    Phone: 801-313-6620
  • BOH (Person):
    788 East Wood Oak Lane (5380 South)
    Salt Lake City, Utah 84104
    Phone: 801-313-6641