The West Valley City Fire Department occasionally posts openings and accepts applications for new firefighters. Please note, the application requirements for the Fire Department are significantly different from the application requirements of the city.
Each candidate will be required to submit to three tests for placement on the hiring roster. The placement tests consist of:
- Oral Interview
- Physical Agility Test (PAT)
- Written Test
The minimum qualifications to participate in the placement tests include:
- Must be at least 18 years old by application due date
- Possession of a valid State Issued Driver License
- Graduation from high school or possession of a G.E.D. certificate
- Certified or currently enrolled in an Emergency Medical Technician Training/Certification program (attachment required)
Applications that do not meet the requirements of the Fire Department will not be accepted. Please read the posting and application details carefully before submitting your application.
Current Pay Scale
Current Job Openings