National Night Out Downloadable Resources
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF TOWN WATCH IMAGES
The words "National Night Out" and its respective marks, slogans and themes are registered trademarks of the National Association of Town Watch.
Registered participants in the "National Night Out" (NNO) program, may use the trademarks, slogans and names (collectively referred to as the "Marks") of the National Association of Town Watch (NATW) and NNO, provided that they are used in accordance with the guidelines set forth below:
- Very Important! The NNO Name (or any variation thereof) of NNO Marks may not be reproduced onto any products - including wearables such as shirts and caps-or on any other promotional goods.
- If you have any doubt about whether your intended use of the Marks is prohibited, please contact the NATW office. Violators will be subject to legal action.
- The Marks may be used on literature such as flyers, posters, announcements and newsletters in connection with the promotion of NNO.
- The name "National Night Out" (whether it appears in text of as part of the NNO logos), slogans such as "America's Night Out Against Crime", and the graphic logos and themes of NNOmay be used in accordance with these guidelines on a limited basis by:
- Nonprofit organizations and agencies officially registered with NATW and NNO participation,
- NATW's national or regional corporate sponsors. Use by all others is strictly prohibited. As described above, the NNO name (or any variation thereof) or Marks, may not be reproduced on to any type of promotional product.
- Use of any "National Night Out" marks by any commercial, for-profit company, except for those officially approved and recognized by NATW, is strictly prohibited. If your organization enlists the assistance of a company to support your local NNO (e.g. funds, in-kind donations), that is permitted. However, that company may not have its participation/association with NNO publicly advertised, displayed or promoted, unless it is registered as an official NNO sponsor with NATW's national office, or unless NATW extends advance written approval.
- Please make sure that all companies assisting you with National Night Out in your area are advised of the above and are provided with a copy of this "Trademark Fact Sheet". Companies interested in regional or national sponsorship information should be encouraged to contact the NATW office at 800-NITE-OUT.
NATW retains all ownership rights in the Marks. NATW reserves the right to restrict or control the use of the Marks. Unauthorized use of the Marks will be subject to legal action by NATW under applicable federal and state laws.