Hire An Off-Duty Police Officer
In order to efficiently respond to requests and manage the employment of off-duty police officers, The West Valley City Police Department has partnered with Off Duty Management to provide services related to hiring off-duty officers, effective November 16th, 2020.
You may request to hire off-duty police officers through the Off Duty Management web-based service, OfficerTRAK®, or by calling the toll-free number below.
Off Duty Management provides the following to the customer:
- Online access to information through the OfficerTRAK® software including:
- Officer attendance
- Field notes and media files
- Post orders and instructions
- Past and future shift information
- Full liability coverage for the customer, the agency, and the officer
- 24/7 customer service through their toll-free number
- Dedicated point of contact for scheduling and invoicing
- Officer payroll
Prohibited Off-Duty Employment*:
Employment in any service or security position in the following establishments are prohibited:
- Where alcoholic beverages are dispensed and/or consumed and are the main focus of the business.
- Any business where any activity is of an illegal or gambling based nature.
*PLEASE NOTE: the above list is not an all-inclusive and questions regarding permitted activity should be forwarded to Off Duty Management.
|Title||Total Hourly Rate|
- A supervisor is required for 5 or more officers.
- 2 Hours minimum per request.
- 72 Hours prior to shift start is required for requests.
- Officers are to be paid for their full shift if released early.
*Holiday Rates apply 12:00 am -11:59 pm on New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, MLK Day, Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and Pioneer Day.
**Emergency rates apply when a request is received less than 72 hours prior to the start of the shift.
Once an assignment has been approved and scheduled; vendors canceling or reducing assignments are required to pay the full ODM administrative fees for the first 24 hours of the original assignment. Vendors canceling or reducing assignments within 48 hours of the start of the assignment are required to pay the greater of officer hours worked or the agency minimum hours plus ODM administrative fees for the first 24 hours of the original assignment. (Admin fees depend on the coverage and can range from $7.00 - $10.50 per hour.)
You can request service or obtain a quote the following ways
- Visit OfficerTRAK® Website: https://odm.officertrak.com/West-Valley-City-UT-PD
- Call Off Duty Management 24/7 toll-free at 1-877-636-8300