COVID-19 PREPARATION AND INFORMATION
West Valley City officials and staff continue to monitor the current COVID-19 outbreak locally, and are working with local and state leaders to ensure that we stay on top of the latest information.
If you have questions about COVID-19, please call the Utah Coronavirus Information line at 1-800-456-7707.
Help and Resources for Businesses
Our local business community is feeling the impact of closures due to the coronavirus pandemic, and our Economic Development team is ready to help. If you have concerns about existing permitting or building plans please visit our online portal to get real time updates on progress of the plans. If your business needs financial assistance, the state of Utah has set up a resource page. In addition, here are a few local financial institutions that offering some favorable loans and lines of credit to help business owners and their employees:
If you’re a Utah small business owner and need help, have question or some feedback, please contact GOED Business Services at [email protected] or 801-538 -8793. For questions regarding West Valley City concerns please email [email protected].
If you have been laid off due to COVID-19, join the Utah Department of Workforce Services for a daily virtual workshop to guide you through unemployment benefits, searching for a new job and more. To register, sign in or create a "my Job Search" account at jobs.utah.gov.
COVID-19 Pandemic Medical Response
To protect their patients and themselves, the West Valley City Fire Department has adjusted their response to all medical calls as follows:
- One responder will make initial contact with the patient.
- All responders will wear a mask, eye protection, and gloves.
- An increase of personal protective equipment to include other components such as a gown, boot covers, goggles, or face shield are being implemented based on the complaint reported to dispatch or the patient evaluation.
- A mask will be placed on every patient, no matter the complaint.
- Patients will be asked to come outside for responders to perform a medical evaluation in a non-enclosed space. The patient may be asked to come outside from the exterior door of the home or responders may call them on the phone when they arrive.
- If the patient has no emergent reason to be transported by ambulance, they will be asked to go to the hospital in a personal vehicle or to stay home. Basic care instructions are provided if they opt to stay home.
- Patients that are suspected of having COVID-19 but opt to stay home are being encouraged to use the State COVID-19 hotline, 1-800-456-7707, and telemedicine services. Information cards with the COVID-19 hotline will be left with these patients.
- Cleaning of ambulances and equipment are being done after each patient contact.
- Daily temperature checks of all providers are being done. Sick providers are being asked to stay home.
- Dispatch is asking the 911 caller if the patient has any flu like symptoms, a fever, or difficulty breathing. It is important that the public answers these questions so that responders can be best prepared upon arrival to the scene.
- Daily updates on personal protective equipment, protocols, confirmed COVID-19 patients, and any other pertinent information is being disseminated to care providers.
STATUS OF CITY SERVICES
As of November 8, 2020, all West Valley City services have resumed; all facilities are following state COVID-19 guidelines for face coverings and social distancing. For more information about services, or to make an appointment, click here.
5/12/20 4:30 PM - Beginning Thursday, May 14, Stonebridge and The Ridge will adjust restrictions for play as follows:
- Golf carts will be allowed.
- To maintain social distancing requirements, only individuals from the same household may use a cart.
- Single rider carts are available upon request.
- Tee times can be reserved via telephone or online up to 7 days in advance.
- Scorecards will be provided.
- Pro Shop will be open for purchases with limited number of patrons at one time.
- Policy and restriction details are available on The Ridge Golf Club and Stonebridge Golf Club websites.
5/5/2020 9:30 AM - WestFest 2020 has been canceled.
5/1/20 3:00 PM - The West Valley City Family Fitness Center will reopen on May 11 at 5 AM with some restrictions in place. Learn more about facility restrictions here.
4/25/20 4:30 PM - Due to the current COVID-19 directives, the West Valley City Family Fitness Center will not be able to open on May 2 as originally planned. Fitness Center staff are currently making preparations to open once restrictions are lifted and it is deemed safe for the public and employees.
3/31/20 9:00 AM - West Valley City Animal Services is now a virtual shelter, offering adoption, RTO, and licensing services online and via video conferencing.
3/27/20 10:00 PM - Effective immediately, Stonebridge and The Ridge Golf Clubs and all city parks will be closed and will remain closed until further notice.
3/27/20 8:30 PM - The West Valley City Animal Shelter is closed until further noticed. Staff will still be on site to care for animals currently in their care and officers will still respond to priority calls.
3/26/20 12:30 PM - The West Valley City Family Fitness Center is planning to reopen on Saturday, May 2. As the city continues to follow public health and safety guidelines during the coronavirus pandemic this may change; we will update the opening date accordingly.
3/19/20 8:50 PM - SpringFest has been cancelled.
3/18/20 12:15 PM - Following the earthquake this morning, City Hall has been temporarily closed to the public. For this reason, the Planning Commission study meeting scheduled for 3 PM today is cancelled. The Planning Commission public hearing is still scheduled for March 25th at 4 PM with the pre-meeting scheduled at 3:30 PM.
3/18/20 11:30 AM - The West Valley City Family Fitness Center is suspending all bank drafts for memberships while closed. Memberships paid in full will be extended for the amount of time the facility is closed.
3/17/20 9:40 AM - West Valley City will no longer receive building permit applications in person; applications must be submitted online. You may also call the Building Inspections office at 801-963-3282.
3/17/20 8:40 AM - The Spring session of the West Valley City Police Department Citizens Academy has been postponed until Fall 2020.
3/16/20 4:25 PM - All Parks and Recreation and Family Fitness Center Easter events have been canceled.
3/16/20 11:50 AM - The Utah Cultural Celebration Center and Harman Theatre are closed until further notice.
3/15/20 8:30 PM - West Valley City is declaring a local emergency. This will alert the federal government of the challenges facing the city while also allowing the opportunity for receiving federal emergency funding to assist in dealing with the coronavirus disease in West Valley City. Proclamation Declaring a Local Emergency re: COVID-19
3/13/20 6:30 PM - Footloose performances at Harman Theatre will continue tonight (3/13/20) and tomorrow (3/14/20). Performances scheduled March 19 - 28 have been cancelled. For ticket exchange or refund information, call 801-965-5140.
3/13/20 6:20 PM - West Valley City Justice Court Operations have been adjusted per Standing Order No. 2020-1.
3/13/20 5:20 PM - The West Valley City Family Fitness Center will be closed and all recreation programs cancelled beginning Saturday, March 14th and continuing through Friday, March 27th. It is expected that these services will resume beginning Saturday, March 28th.
3/13/20 3:20 PM - April West Valley City Fire Department Merit Badge Classes have been rescheduled for May and June.
3/13/20 2:20 PM - Clarification: Harman Theatre performances of Footloose will continue as planned this weekend; future performances will be limited to 100 tickets per showing per Governor Herbert’s recommendation.
3/12/20 8:45 PM - The West Valley City Family Fitness Center has cancelled all water and land based group fitness classes.
3/12/20 7:30 PM - All West Valley City services and facilities are operating without interruption with the following exceptions: Footloose performances at the Harman Theater have been limited to 100 ticket sales per showing; the Harman Senior Recreation Center has been closed until further notice.
We will update this page with changes and information as it becomes available.
Information & Resources