Bulky Waste Service
Bulky waste collection is included in your Sanitation Service. This service is provided monthly; click below to find your collection schedule.
Using your Bulky Waste Service
- Place your items neatly near your curb, no more than one day before your scheduled pick day.
- Your items need to be in place by 7:00 am on your scheduled pickup day.
- Your items must be at least 5 feet away from your waste containers or any other obstacle.
Rules and Regulations
If you have any questions regarding bulky waste collection or need further information about the Rules and Regulations, contact our Sanitation Office at 801-963-3334.
Size and Weight Limits
All bulky waste must bagged, boxed, or bundled. Boxes must be 30 gallons or smaller. Bundles must be no longer than 5 feet long. Boxes must be kept dry. Bags, boxes, and bundles must weigh less than 75 pounds.
Yard Trimmings and Limbs
Limbs 3 inches in diameter or smaller must be bundled and weigh less than 75 lbs. Limbs larger than 3 inches in diameter must not weigh more than 75 lbs. or be more than 5 feet long. Grass clippings will not be picked up. Grass clippings must be placed in your garbage can. All yard waste must be bagged, boxed, or bundled.
Appliances, Furniture, and Carpet
Old appliances, furniture (including couches and mattresses), and carpet (must be in lengths less than 5 feet and weigh less than 75 lbs.) may be put out for bulky waste collection.
- Appliances that contain FREON will not be collected unless they have an attached tag from an authorized private company stating the FREON has been safely removed. Appliances containing FREON may be taken to the Salt Lake County Landfill.
Acceptable Individual Items Too Large for Garbage Can
Examples of additional items you may put out for bulky waste pickup include bicycles, tricycles, children’s toys, outdoor furniture, lawn mowers or tillers, etc.
- Note: any mechanism that contains gasoline, oil, or any other kind of combustible fuel must have the fuel removed or the item will not be picked up.
These items or items similar to these things will not be picked up!
Everyday household waste you generate like food waste and packaging must be disposed of in your garbage can. Cardboard can be cut up and placed in your recycling can. Any excess garbage outside of your garbage or recycling can will not be picked up. Additional garbage or recycling can(s) are available.
Paints, oil, solvents, bug spray, weed killer, batteries, fertilizers, solvents, gasoline, and other hazardous chemical solutions are not acceptable. They are acceptable at the Salt Lake County Landfill.
Other Prohibited Items
- Construction and demolition waste
- Bricks, broken concrete, dirt, rocks, railroad ties etc.
- Items containing glass will not be picked up. They will be picked up if the glass has been removed.
- Business waste
- Salvage business debris and cast offs
- Quantities that exceed what a normal home would have