Public Works


  • Design, build, clean and maintain city roadways and storm drains
  • Monitor and modify all traffic control devices
  • Install and maintain City street lighting
  • Inspect new installation of sidewalks and replace hazardous curb, gutter and sidewalks
  • Inspect all work in the public right-of-way, including underground utilities
  • Purchase and maintain City owned vehicles
  • Remove all solid waste and bulky waste
  • Support citizens in neighborhood clean up campaigns


Report Illegal Dumping

To report illegal dumping into the storm drain please call 801-509-2005.

Water Services

West Valley City does not provide water services to residents; these services are provided by various entities, including the Granger Hunter Improvement District, the Kearns Improvement District, the Magna Water Improvement District, and the Taylorsville-Bennion Improvement District.

Water & Sewer Districts