- Department List
- Public Works
- Garbage & Recycling
- Neighborhood Dumpster Clean Up
Neighborhood Dumpster Clean Up
Neighborhood Dumpster Program
Once a year, residents, volunteer groups and neighborhood associations may schedule 10 dumpsters for neighborhood cleanup projects for their neighborhood. Dumpsters are not automatically scheduled for neighborhoods each year. The dumpsters are delivered and picked up two days later. Groups must advertise the cleanup project, collect the debris and load it into the dumpsters.
Dumpster requests are accepted on the first business day in February and are filled based on a first come first serve basis. Dumpsters may be scheduled typically for the second week in March through the second week in November. Times vary every year.
Please contact the Sanitation Services at 801-963-3334 to schedule dumpsters or for more information.
Once reservations are made, a letter will be sent to the person making the reservation that lists the drop off date and locations. The resident making the reservation is responsible for distributing 100 flyers to neighborhood homes around the area where the dumpsters will be located. Neighborhood Associations registered with the Neighborhood Services Office may request free flyer photocopying by calling 801-963-3285.
Simple Guidelines for Dumpster Use
- Dumpsters are for residential use only. Contractors or construction sites are not eligible to use the neighborhood dumpsters.
- Absolutely no household hazardous waste. This includes, but is not limited to the items listed below:
- Motor oil
More information on disposal of household wastes may be obtained by calling Salt Lake County Health Department at 801-541-4078 or at slco.org/health/household-hazardous-waste/
- Landscaping materials such as rocks, dirt, concrete and blacktop cannot be placed in the dumpsters.
- Do not overload dumpsters! Never fill the dumpster above the sidewalls. Residents using the dumpsters may be required to clean up any spillage caused by overloading. If materials are stacked above the rim of the container, they will be removed and placed upon the ground so that the dumpster may be covered by a tarp.
- Never leave materials on the ground next to the dumpsters.
- Scavenging is not allowed! Please call WVC Police at 801-840-4000 to report violators!
Dumpsters are only available once per year in each area.
- Remember, bulky waste is once a month. Many of the same items that can be placed in the dumpster can also be put out for bulky waste pickup. For more information see Bulky Waste