- Department List
- City Recorder's Office
- City Election Information
City Election Information
The next Municipal Election will be held in 2023. The following seats are up for election:
- Councilmember At Large
- Councilmember District 1
- Councilmember District 3
Each Councilmember elected will serve a term of four (4) years.
Requirements for Filing:
- Complete a Declaration of Candidacy and meet with the City Recorder in person during the filing period of June 1- June 7 from 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday-Friday. The City Recorders office is located in Administration at West Valley City Hall, 3600 S Constitution Blvd, West Valley City, UT 84119.
- Pay the non-refundable $25 filing fee
- Meet the following qualifications to run for office:
- Be a United States citizen at time of filing.
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of the next municipal election.
- Must be a registered voter of the municipality.
- Must be a resident of the municipality or a resident of the recently annexed area for 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the date of the election.
- If elected from a council district, the person must be a resident of that council district.
- In accordance with Utah Constitution Article IV, Section 6, any mentally incompetent person, any person convicted of a felony, or any person convicted of treason or a crime against the elective franchise may not hold office in this state until the right to hold elective office is restored under Section 20A-2-101.5.
For more information about Candidate qualifications and Declaration of Candidacy, please view Utah State Code here.
If you have any questions please contact Nichole Camac, City Recorder, at 801-963-3203 or [email protected]
- Now it's easier than ever to register online! Simply visit the Online Voter Registration Website to find out more. You need to have a current Utah Driver's License or Identification Card in order to register using the online system.
- Check your registration status, location of ballot drop boxes and vote centers, UOCAVA information, or view other election information at the Salt Lake County Clerk's Election Website.
- Visit vote.utah.gov to view candidate profiles, find information about polling locations, register to vote, see your specific voter information, track ballots, view the sample ballot and more.
- Find out which West Valley City Council District you live in.