Temporary Construction Power

Temporary construction power is typically needed for the following:
  • Power for temporary office trailers
  • Power pedestals for use by workers during the construction process
Temporary Power Permit
If temporary construction power is needed for a project you must obtain a Temporary Power Permit. The cost for this permit is $53.

The exception to this is a commercial project with a permit already issued. In this case you can request an inspection using the issued permit numbered for that commercial project.

This permit can be obtained at the West Valley City Offices:
3600 S. Constitution Blvd. (2700 W.)
Room #220, Building Inspections
West Valley City, UT 84119

Monday - Thursday
7 a.m. - 6 p.m.

Ph: 801-963-3283

Required Information
We need the following information to process your permit:
  • Exact address of the project
  • Name of the state licensed electrical contractor, state license number, address, and phone number
Once the permit is obtained you can schedule an inspection by calling (801) 963-3283. When an inspector approves the work, we will call Pacificorp and authorize power to the installation.