Community Education Partnership of West Valley City
Providing high quality out-of-school-time and after school community events for West Valley City families and students, resulting in increased opportunities for learning.
Why Citizens Should Support Afterschool in West Valley City
- Afterschool programs keep children safe during non-school hours.
- Research shows that youth are most likely to engage in risky behaviors (drinking alcohol, smoking, using drugs, and engaging in sexual activity) in afterschool hours.
- Afterschool programs provide opportunities for youth to enhance and apply their academic skills.
- Research shows that youth who participate in afterschool programs show an increase in attendance, grades, and positive behavior during regular school hours.
- Cities need an educated workforce to attract business and sustain economic development.
More information about the Community Education Partnership of West Valley City and its programs is available online.