West Valley City urges residents and organizations to take pride in our community. The city is often approached with requests for ideas for various volunteer opportunities, community service projects and Eagle Scout projects. The city offers the following suggestions for those who are seeking volunteer opportunities.
Boards & Committees
West Valley City has multiple volunteer opportunities available on various boards, commissions and committees. For a complete list of these positions, or to express interest in participating, visit the City Boards and Commission page.
West Valley City is looking for community groups looking to perform community service. The city has many walls and fences along main streets and other thoroughfares that are in need of repainting to remove graffiti or to unify the wall color. The city will provide the paint, but not the painting tools. It is up to the group(s) to gain access to painting supplies.
If you are interested in finding out more about the project(s) or where in the city opportunities exist currently, please contact West Valley City Public Relations at 801-963-3217.
Community Service Hours
The city occasionally needs help cleaning up parks, graffiti, detention basins or other projects that may not meet the hour requirements for an Eagle Scout service project. For those interested in performing community service hours, please contact the Public Relations Office at 801-963-3217.
Eagle Scout Projects
Other Volunteer Opportunity Contacts
- JustServe is a website where the volunteer needs of organizations may be posted and volunteers may search for places to serve in the community, providing opportunities to help those in need and enhance the quality of life in the community.
- 211 Info Bank
- The Human Services Directory is a comprehensive listing of all the private non-profit and public human service programs in Tooele, Salt Lake, and Summit Counties. Dial 2-1-1 or 888-826-9790 or visit the United Way 211 website for information on how to volunteer.
- Salt Lake County Volunteer Services
- Public Health Volunteer Opportunities
- PublicHealth provides information and resources for volunteering in public health. Discover the benefits to you and the community, learn about what to consider when looking to volunteer, and find the right opportunities with a list of resources.