Move to the Right
8 Simple Rules to Yield To An Emergency Vehicle
- If you cannot move to the right because of another vehicle or obstacle, just stop.
- Move as far to the right side of the road as possible and stop.
- Stay at least 300 feet behind emergency vehicles using their lights and sirens.
- Stay calm.
- Disregard the presence of the emergency vehicle by continuing to drive.
- Drive through a red light or stop sign when an emergency vehicle approaches from behind.
- Pull to the left in the center lane or left turn lane.
- Try to beat the green light or turn before the emergency vehicle gets there.