What happens if my container is damaged?

If the container is damaged by abuse or misuse, you will be charged a fee (see Sanitation Fees) to replace the can. Abuse and misuse includes overfilling the can, burning the can with hot coals or other hot material, paint or other hazardous materials in or on the can, etc. Be careful with what you put in your container. If the container is damaged by the contractor, there will be no charge to replace the can.

Show All Answers

1. I recently moved into West Valley City. What do I need to do?
2. What is the holiday garbage and recycling pick-up schedule?
3. When should I have my container on the street?
4. How many times a week will my container be emptied?
5. What about grass clippings?
6. Does the lid need to close on my garbage can?
7. Can I obtain an additional can?
8. What happens if my container is damaged?
9. My regular pickup was missed, what do I do?
10. I recently moved to/within West Valley City, what day is my regular pickup day?
11. I just moved into an existing home in West Valley City. There is no garbage can, how do I get a new can?
12. My container is broken, burnt or missing, how do I get a new container?
13. Where can I recycle my household electronics?
14. What are the rules and regulations for garbage collection?