Skip to Main Content
Do Not Show Again
How Do I…
Select a Category
signing in or creating an account
, some fields will auto-populate with your information and your submitted forms will be saved and accessible to you.
Sign in to Save Progress
Animal Services Dog Escape Prevention Quiz
This form has been modified since it was saved. Please review all fields before submitting.
Dog Escape Prevention Quiz
This quiz should be taken after watching our Dog Escape Prevention Video and reading material.
Date of Impound
Date of Impound
1. Utah Law Requires you to:
A) Feed your dog
B) Provide clean water
C) Provide them access to an appropriately sized shelter
D) All of the above
2. What 3 tags should be on your dogs collar?
3. How do you get the most out of dog toys? (Select all that apply)
A) Rotate the toys weekly
B) Provide a variety of toys
C) Get interactive toys
D) Playing Hide and seek
4. How often does a female dog go into season?
A) Five times a year
B) One time a year
C) Two times a year
D) Only when it wants to
5. Why is it dangerous for your dog to run at large?
6. What are some reasons that dogs run at large? (Select all that apply)
A) Social Isolation
B) Sexual Roaming
C) They are late for a dentist appointment
D) Fears and Phobias
E) Separation Anxiety
F)They have a meeting to get to
7. Why isn't it recommended to tie your dog out in the yard? (Select all that apply)
A) They can entangle themselves and get injured
B) It might cause barking problems
C) It might cause destructive/aggressive behavior
D) He might meet a bird friend named Woodstock
8. If you have to tie your dog out, what is a safe way to do it?
A) Provide him with instructions on what not to do
B) Put in a "Dog Trolley"
9. What is the first step you should take to prevent your dog from running at large?
10. Dogs are ____________ creatures.
11. How often should you spend time with your dog?
A) Every couple days
C) Yearly, on their birthday
12. What are some positives of spaying or neutering your pet?
A) Help prevent some cancers
B) Reduce animal overpopulation
C) Prevent sexual roaming
D) All of the above
13. What is a scent walk?
14. Why is it a good idea to keep your pet indoors instead of outside?
15. What are two things that you plan on implementing at your home to help prevent your dog from getting loose?
Would you like an Animal Control Officer to come and do a walkthrough of your fence line to help find problem areas?
Maybe in the future
What time of day works best for an Officer to come out?
Morning 8am to 11am
Afternoon 11am to 3pm
Evening 3pm to 6pm
What day works best?
If you change your mind, let us know! We are happy to come out and share our experience and knowledge with you!
Would you like us to send you other resources for your pet?
Please tell us about what other resources you would like
Leave This Blank:
Receive an email copy of this form.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field
Meeting Agendas & Minutes
Code and Ordinances
City Attorney's Office
Community & Economic Development
Planning & Zoning
Cultural Celebration Center
Department Year-End Reports
Parks & Recreation
WVC Utility Billing
How do I...?
Apply for a Job
Browse Events Calendar
Contact a City Department
File a Claim Against West Valley City
Pay My Bill
Read City Council Agendas & Minutes
Read Municipal Code
Receive E-mail Notifications
Request a Record
Run for Office
Submit a Service Request
Report Code Violations
Slideshow Left Arrow
Slideshow Right Arrow